We have a seat ready for a talented, passionate Digital Designer, to be part of the award-winning Anthologie digital team. We’re looking for someone with both creative energy and a real head for UI detail – ready to build design systems from the ground floor up.
Digital Designers at Anthologie think of the big picture as well as the small details. They’re proactive, communicative and thoughtful, ready to tackle the hairiest design challenges and bring complex systems to life. They share ideas, bringing a ready knowledge of design for experience and interaction.
Above all else, they’re independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge convention.
In the past year at Anthologie, our designers have created an internationally acclaimed platform to throw a spotlight on overfishing, and they’ve crafted an engaging interface for Australians to track their carbon impact… amongst a range of other projects.
Off the back of some significant wins, we have several high profile projects coming in 2022 and we’re excited to grow the team and take the year head on.
Anthologie is an independently owned strategic design and digital consultancy. We help our clients navigate change and complexity, and deliver creative strategies across brand, business and product.
Central to our work is delivering impact on social and environmental issues. We bring design thinking and human-centric simplicity to challenges facing people and planet, seeking out projects we believe will make an impact.
We believe in offering great experiences for not only our clients, but our people too. It’s important the Anthologie team are happy, motivated and adequately challenged to develop their capabilities.
Our work is backed by our commitment to innovation. We support the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard with its focus on open source, accessible user-focused design and development. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a carbon neutral workplace.
About the Digital Team
The digital team are a tight-knit blend of designers, developers, planners and product owners, working closely to build web products that delight and inspire. We look at the human experience of using our products, focusing on performance and accessibility to ensure a consistent and engaging experience for all.
As a Digital Designer, you will…
- Plan and design website and web application user interfaces.
- Develop design systems and language, in collaboration with brand and development teams.
- Work with designers to extend brand strategy into digital space.
- Devise, deliver and monitor design prototypes for user testing.
- Respond meaningfully to issues uncovered during testing and feedback.
- Stay aware of progressive digital design trends, practices and tooling, through study and participation in community events.
- Assist with project planning by providing detailed design estimates.
- Assist with mentoring and induction of new team members.
- 3 or more years’ professional experience.
- Experience in the use of modern interface design tools, such as Figma.
- An understanding of front-end practices and how they relate to user interface design.
- Experience in design for responsive considerations.
- Awareness of user-first design concerns.
- Awareness of accessibility standards and how to accommodate for them in design.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative working style.
- The ability to develop ideas and clearly express them.
- A high degree of independent judgement.
Working at Anthologie
We work on big, complex challenges that affect real people, projects with social and environmental impact. To do this, we run an open and honest workplace, where everyone’s input is encouraged and listened to. We’re friendly, warm, and inspired by our shared values and purpose.
We provide support for professional development, so you can build your skills and follow career ambitions. We’ll work with you on your plans for now, and for the future.
We value life outside of work too: we’re flexible for daily demands like school runs, sick children, doctors appointments. We put the wellbeing of our staff ahead of projects and profit. We want everyone to feel safe and supported in their work, wherever they’re logging in from.
You’re interested, aren’t you. Go on, send us an email with your CV and any links to your work at firstname.lastname@example.org