We’re looking for a number of skilled and ambitious developers to join the award-winning Anthologie digital team. Our ideal someone has a genuine interest (and strong opinions) in technology, and a desire to grow their career in a fast-paced agency environment.
Developers at Anthologie are experienced, innovative and willing to explore new ways of working. They’re practical and curious, always looking to optimise – learning from what we’ve done, planning for what comes next.
Ultimately, we care about elegant, performant development work, and we’re always looking to improve.
Anthologie is an independently owned strategic design and digital consultancy with national and global clients. We help our clients navigate change and complexity, and deliver creative strategies across brand, business and product.
Central to our work is delivering impact on social and environmental issues. We bring design thinking and human-centric simplicity to challenges facing people and planet, seeking out projects make an impact.
In the last 12 months, we’ve designed and developed a game that aims to close the partisan social divide in US politics, launched a platform to end modern slavery, designed a portal to help people with rare conditions navigate a complex health journey, and we’re close to completing a world first digital platform to support those experiencing Homelessness.
We believe in offering great experiences for not only our clients, but our people too. It’s important the Anthologie team are happy, motivated and challenged to develop their capabilities.
Our work is backed by our commitment to innovation. We support the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard with its focus on open source, accessible user-focused design and development. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a carbon neutral workplace.
About the Digital Team
The digital team are a tight-knit blend of designers, developers, planners and product owners, working closely to build web products that delight and inspire. We look at the human experience of using our products, focusing on performance and accessibility to ensure a consistent and engaging experience for all.
As a Developer, you will…
- Develop and improve websites and web applications.
- Build rich on-page experiences and data visualisations.
- Collaborate with interface and experience designers to deliver engaging products.
- Prepare code to ensure it meets progressive standards.
- Work proactively with the team to resolve issues, prioritise needs and find solutions.
- Conduct effective testing practices.
- Diagnose and manage issues uncovered by client feedback and testing.
- Assist with project planning by analysing technical requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for projects and processes.
- Assist with mentoring and induction of new team members.
- Min 3 years as a professional web developer (we’re looking for a range of experiences)
- Experience with modern web development practices, languages and applications.
- Experience with server-side languages, such as PHP.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative working style.
- The ability to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them, with a high degree of independent judgement.
Working at Anthologie
We work on big, complex challenges that affect real people, projects with social and environmental impact. To do this, we run an open and honest workplace, where everyone’s input is encouraged and listened to. We’re friendly, warm, and inspired by our shared values and purpose.
We value life outside of work too: we’re flexible for daily demands like school runs, sick children, doctors appointments. We put the wellbeing of our staff ahead of projects and profit. We want everyone to feel safe and supported in their work, wherever they’re logging in from.
Our office is located on the banks of the Derbarl Yerrigan on Whadjuk country. We recognise and respect the enduring connection and impact that the Whadjuk Noongar people have on this land, its waterways and community.
We’re a proudly inclusive organisation, and an ally of LGBTQIA+ communities and the movement toward equality. We’re committed to access and inclusion. We want your experience here, with our work, and at our studio to be safe and welcoming. If you have any feedback for us or specific access requirements when visiting, please let us know.
You’re interested, aren’t you. Go on, send us an email with your CV and any links to your work at email@example.com